2018 Alumni Cook-off
The 10th annual SCC Alumni Cook-off was held on Friday, October 5. The cook-off has grown over the years and is always one of the most popular activities of Homecoming. Proceeds from the cook-off go to the SCC Alumni Association.
This year's cook-off winners were the Murphys (and Whoever Shows Up) sponsored by Mike and Giselle Murphy. The winning dish was fried crawfish etoufee balls with remoulade sauce.
A special thank you to other chefs and their sponsors:
(1) Tanya Daniels (Class of 1993). Sponsor: B&R Trucklines. Dish: lemon peppered grilled fish.
(2) Lori Roussel, Terry Toler, and Mona Roussel (Class of 1988). Sean Roussel, Susie Bourgeois, and Scott Simoneaux (Class of 1987). Sponsor: Laplace Frostop. Dish: Dirty Grits.
(3) Jeff James & Matt Entremont, Class of 1998. Sponsor: Vinyl Tech. Dish: Corn Soup
(4)Wesley Fontenot (Class of 1996). Sponsor: 360 Catering, Jim Keller & San Francisco Plantation. Dish: Shrimp & Grits
(5) Brock Anderson, Ken LeBlanc, and Len LeBlanc (Class of 1996). Sponsor: Retirement Planning Partners & ML Dental. Dish: Fish Tacos
(6) Angie Martin, Stacey Heltz, and Kodi Duhon (Class of 1994). Sponsor: Retirement Planning Partners & ML Dental. Dish: Fried Fish topped with Shrimp Etouffee.
(7) Dennille Monica (Class of 1997) and Christine Stein, Class of 2005. Sponsor: The Coaches’ Wives – Dennille Monica, Christine Stein, Ashley King, Melissa Roussel, and Dawn Brown. Dishes: Pasta St. John and Pulled Pork Sliders.
(8) D.J. Chauvin (Class of 1994), Jason Fabre (Class of 1994), and Justin Chauvin (Class of 2001). Dish: Chicken Sauce Picante.
(9) Kelly Arnett (Class of 1997), Stacy Tribe (Class of 1991), and Jamie Jones (Class of 2005). Sponsor: ICELA. Dish: Jambalaya.
A special thanks to the judges who were able to taste all the delicious dishes and somehow pick a winner.
Judge #1: Mrs. Sue Louque of Paulina. She is married to Danny and is he mother/mother-in-law of Ty & Dennille Monica and granny to Riley (Class of 2021). Mrs. Sue loves coming to support SCC any chance she gets and wears her blue & gold proudly.
Judge #2: St. John the Baptist Parish President Natalie Robottom. President Robottom has served our community since May 2010. She has been a supporter of SCC since her two children became Comets. She was recently selected as American City & County Elected Official of the Year.
Judge #3: Mr. Richard Klibert is a long time supporter of St. Charles Catholic with 3 children who graduated as Comets in the classes of 1992, 1996, and 1998. Mr. Klibert was the CEO & President of Diversified Well Logging for 26 years, retiring just over a year ago.
Judge #4: Mr. Cory Gaudet is an equipment manager for the New Orleans Saints Organization. He contributes to SCC whenever we need anything and heavily contributes to the annual SCC Ray Laiche Memorial Golf Tournament.
Judge #5: Mr. Za Maurin is District 5 Justice of the Peace. He is the leader of Keep St. John Beautiful and retired Captain from the St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office.