2019 Alumni Cook-off
The 2019 Alumni Cook-Off will be held Friday, November 1.
The following rules are to be followed by all participants and/or their assistants for the cook-off.
1. The head chef must be an SCC Alumni.
2. Contestants must supply their own ingredients or secure a sponsor to pay for the ingredients. The contestants will also supply all of their own cooking and serving utensils.
3. Food may be cooked offsite but should be cooked on Friday, November 1, 2019. All entries must be complete, delivered to St. Charles Catholic High School, and ready to be served by 5:30 p.m.
4. Chefs wishing to cook on SCC grounds are welcome to do so but no one will be allowed to begin cooking before 9 a.m. Cooking booths will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
5. Any ingredient that accompanies a dish (such as rice or pasta) must be provided by the contestant if applicable. These items may be prepared offsite.
6. Each Contestant must cook a recipe that will produce 150 servings. The food is considered a donation to the SCC Alumni Association. The committee will provide bowls, forks, and napkins.
7. Contestants will be permitted to set up their equipment, decorations, and other facilities any time after 9 a.m. on Friday, November 1, 2019.
8. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number by the chief scorekeeper and be given containers in which their entry will be collected in time for the official judging. Each contestant should make certain that the number on the bottom of the container is the same as their contestant’s number assigned to them by the scorekeeper. After samples to be judged have been collected, an announcement will be made to start serving the public at approximately 5:30 p.m. Contestants or their designees must serve their dish until 7:30 p.m. or until their pot is empty.
9. A poster, identifying each chef, their entry, and their sponsor shall be placed at each cooking booth.
10. First Place will be awarded.