St. Charles Catholic (SCC) is a Roman Catholic, archdiocesan, co-educational high school. Originally founded in Destrehan in 1948, SCC was moved to LaPlace in August of 1978 to better serve the families of the River Parish areas of St. James, St. Charles, East Jefferson, Ascension, and St. John the Baptist. When the school first opened in LaPlace, it housed grades 10-12.
SCC strives to meet the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, physical, and social needs of our young men and women through a balanced curriculum. SCC prides itself on its religious, social, and athletic extracurricular activities.
The current enrollment is 434 students.
LaPlace is an industrial-rural community with a population of 30-35,000 people. Because SCC is the only Catholic high school located in the River parishes, the school community takes great pride in the philanthropic services our students offer through the efforts of service hours donated to all the local communities through the Religion Department.
St. Charles Catholic High School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and operates in full compliance of Louisiana’s State Department of Education. It is also a member of the NCEA and the New Orleans Archdiocese of Education.
St. Charles Catholic High School has 40 members on its professional staff. One third of the teaching staff has advanced degrees.